We are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, please be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Christian Gift Company is committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of your personal information when you order online by providing you with a safe and secure transaction environment and treating all your personal information as confidential.
How we collect personal information from you
Personal information is collected directly from you when you interact with TCGC. For example:
• Placing an order on the website or over the phone.
• Sending us an email
• Making an enquiry
• Visiting our website
• Signing up to the newsletter either online or at an event
• Through social media
The Personal Data we collect
When you place an order with us we collect and store your name, address, telephone number and email address. We do not store or keep your debit/credit card details. If you set up an account with us you will be asked to provide a password. We will not disclose or sell this Personal Data to any third party for their use of sales and marketing. The only time some of your information may be shared is for the process of fulfilling your order, for example provided to a third party who makes personalised product for us or to a courier to deliver your order, or if required by law to do so.
How we Use Your Personal Data
The Personal Data of our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes and shall only keep it for as long as is necessary to fulfil these purposes:
• To help us to identify you when you contact us.
• To contact you by telephone, text or email with any queries we have regarding an order you have placed with us.
• To keep you informed about the progress of the order.
• To process your order and fulfil our legal obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
• To send you a ‘money request’ email for the cost of additional postage or products that you request on top of your original order.
• To provide a personalised service, such as customised website content or personalised emails.
• To allow us to notify you (by mail, email, text or multimedia messages) about our products and services and special product offers. These will concern products and services that are similar to those that we have already provided to you and that we believe may be of interest to you, or that we have a legitimate interest to contact you about. We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of such communication in each email with an 'Unsubscribe' option. We will not contact you if you have asked us not to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and conduct research (including creating statistical and testing information).
• Please note - you can change your preferences or opt out from communications at any time by using the ‘Update my preferences’ or ‘Unsubscribe’ buttons at the bottom of each email communication.
By providing us with your email address you are agreeing to receive emails from The Christian Gift Company. We will never pass on your personal information to a third party for sales or marketing purposes.
Our Privacy Pledge
• We will store your personal data securely.
• We ensure your data's security when dealing with payment platforms and courier services.
• We won't share your details with anyone else, except where necessary to fulfil an order.
• You can change your preferences or opt out from communications at any time.
• If you have any questions, comments or want to change your mailing or contact preferences, contact info@thechristiangiftcompany or call 01953 455190.
We respect your privacy and treat all your personal information as confidential. We comply with The UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
When any payment is taken using your debit or credit card, we will process your information securely in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
Please note - We do not store credit or debit card details, nor do we share these customer details with any third parties.
Using Cookies for Collecting Information
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer by websites that you visit. It is stored on your computer's hard drive through your browser, to recognise your browser and record how you have used a website. This means that when you go back to that website, it can give you tailored options based on the information it has stored about your last visit.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work better, for improved efficiency and to provide information to the owners of the site. We may from time to time use 'cookies' on our Website to monitor how people use it. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use the website so we can develop and improve the design, layout and function of the sites.
Using cookies we may collect information about how you use our website (such as the website you came from and IP address), your browser type, the country where your computer is located, details of the pages visited, any search terms that you used and any files downloaded.
A majority of web browsers allow some control of cookies through their settings. The Help menu on the menu bar of most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie and how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of The Christian Gift Company’s most useful features and we recommend that you leave them turned on. If you do leave cookies turned on, be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
If you wish to find out more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
The following cookies will be set: Google Analytics: __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz.
We use Google Analytics to monitor and report on our website usage. Information collected includes the number of unique and repeat visitors to the site, what search phrases were used to find us, which pages were visited and how much time was spent on the site. The information generated is used to improve the quality and usability of the website for our customers and to ensure we remain competitive. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form and therefore do not identify users nor associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information.
By using thechristiangiftcompany.co.uk you agree that you do not object to us contacting you for any of the above purposes whether by telephone, text, e-mail or in writing and you confirm that you do not and will not consider any of the above as being a breach of any of your rights under the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
By using this website you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this document. We try to ensure that the information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know as soon as possible via email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at The Christian Gift Company, Unit 12, Bunns Bank, Attleborough, NR17 1QD. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
The Website may include links to other websites. We do not provide any Personal Data to these third-party websites.
Your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services might give permission to access information from these sources. If we do access this data, for example to assess the effectiveness of our communications, we will not add this to your personal details that we hold. We advise you to check the privacy settings on your social media provider to ensure you are happy with the level of privacy you have chosen.
The Basis of processing your data
If you are a new customer, on or after 25 May 2018, we will process your personal data on the basis of the consent you provide us with. You are free to change your contact preferences at any time by contacting us by telephone, post or email, as shown in the section 'Your choices and telling us when things change' below.
2. Contract Performance
If you complete an order or payment we will send you an email receipt and or letter to acknowledge your order.
3. Legitimate Interest
• If you are an existing customer, as at 25 May 2018, and have requested emails, we will continue to send emails to you. GDPR calls this legitimate interest.
• We may also contact you by post or telephone where we have a legitimate interest to do so - for example, to follow up a request you have made.
• Where you have previously asked us not to contact you in this way, we will continue to respect your contact preferences.
• You can amend your preferences at any time by contacting us by via telephone, post or email.
Applying for a job
If you apply for a job with us, and you provide personal and sensitive personal data such as the information on your CV or Application Form, we will process and store the personal data we collect to:
• Support the recruitment and selection process
• Answer any questions you may have
• Use third parties to provide services such as references, qualifications, verification of information you have provided, health screening and psychometric evaluation or skills tests
• Undertake checks on criminal convictions
• Provide anonymised data to monitor compliance with equal opportunities policy.
If you do not join us as an employee for any reason, your data will be stored for a proportionate length of time in line with the ODUK&I HR Data Retention Policy to ensure compliance with best practice, fairness and legislation.